SUNDAY 13TH APRIL – Diarise that date, people! (And yes, we know, it clashes with the London Marathon, but eating cake is waaay better than running. Until it comes to the Hackney Half Marathon, of course!)
We barely even know where to start telling you about all the fun stuff happening on the day, like the fact MasterChef 2013 winner Natalie Coleman is going to be doing a demo and that there’ll be a spectacular pub quiz in the evening, but we will get to it, when we recover from our excitement. We may be some time!
For now though, we wanted to invite you to get your thinking caps on and consider entering our cupcake contest. It isn’t just an ordinary cupcake contest, oh no!, it’s a *beer-inspired cupcake contest*!
Our fundraiser’s taking place at Crate Brewery so, as a homage to our location, we are challenging you to come up with something that looks/tastes/looks&tastes like beer, or anything beer-related. Let your imaginations run wild – think spectacular creations at county show cake judging contests and you’ll be on the right track!
The rules are:
– bring a beer-inspired cupcake of your own making to the fundraiser and register it before 4pm
– it’s £1 to enter; you can enter more than one cupcake but each entry costs £1
– beer-inspired can be anything from taste to decoration so let your imagination run wild
– cakes will be judged by a *star* baker (fingers crossed!)
– any questions, email: email@example.com
Image courtesy of the Cupcake Confessional, where you may find a sneaky headstart on recipe ideas.